Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Day .5

We arrived in Anaheim yesterday morning with nothing in particular that needed to be done outside of checking into the hotel (the Hilton) and registering for convention. You have to wear your official name tag in order to get onto the house floor which wasn't open when we arrived, so I have yet to see it.

Without anything in particular to do, Pia (old friend also in my deputation) and I did the only thing there was to do... we went to Disneyland! It was a really great way to let loose and enjoy ourselves a little before the craziness starts. The hotel had a special deal going on a five-day pass so I went ahead and bought one, knowing there will likely be a number of evenings where I could pop by the park for a few hours, so I'm looking forward to that. Other than that, there's always reading to be done and TONS of people around to meet. I haven't even run into many folks from my own deputation since people are filtering in a few at a time, but we have a meeting Tuesday night.

It's exciting, everything is getting started!


The obligatory self-shot right in front of the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment